Winter wonderland on a plate!
These gorgeous little snowballs got the thumbs up from everyone. They didn't last 5 minutes!
They are so soft to bite into, through the powdery, white icing sugar. It's lovely when you discover a little bite of mint in among the sweet white chocolate!
I used Bassett's Mint Creams for these truffles.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
White Chocolate Truffles with Peppermint
125ml double cream (1 small pot)
150g white chocolate (1 large bar), broken into pieces
25g strong hard white peppermints (5 mint fondant creams)
- Melt the cream and chocolate gently for 4-5 mins until the chocolate has melted. Leave to cool.
- Whisk the cream mixture until thick and then put in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Put the mints into a plastic bag and crush, using a rolling pin. Scatter pieces into the cream mixture. If the mixture is firm enough, roll spoonfuls of the mixture into balls in some icing sugar. If a little soft, chill in fridge or freezer for a while before rolling.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.