I did say that I would try to master cupcakes. It was one of my New Year's Resolutions.
* Go for more walks (I have gone on a few walks this year, could do better!)
* Visit somewhere new in Scotland each month (January - Alyth (walking group), February - (Newburgh - with Graham), March (there is time left yet)
* Master cupcakes (Well, I wouldn't say master, but I did make some )
* Dig out my dusty sketchbook and start using it (Pah, still hidden away)
* Have a big clear out of my wardrobe (I do keep thinking about getting around to it)
* Thin my shoe collection (Nope! Bought 2 new pairs of shoes with my Christmas money (Thank you Janette and Dave))
* Spend less money (If anything, spending more, eck! Bought a new car and getting through money fast. There will be no holiday this year, if I don't pull my socks up soon)
* Enjoy 2009 (most of the time)
This is one of the aforementioned cupcakes!
I got the recipe from Katie over at Katiecakes, who in turn got it from Donal over at Good Mood Food. Needless to say, their cupcakes were absolutely beautiful! With gorgeous piped icing (I really need to purchase an icing bag and some nozzles!).
My cupcakes were huge and more like muffins. They did taste good though and were promptly scoffed by my friend Andrew and Graham's friends at work.
I changed the icing on mine for a buttercream icing,with cocoa and crushed oreos.
I will persevere!
And now to the climbing! Well, hillwalking really! I thought I would share some of the photos from my walk, last Sunday.
Graham and I walked over three Sidlaws, with our walking group. It was a glorious day and the view from the peaks was stunning.