Day two of Yoghurt Week and I was excited to make and try these puff tarts. Cooper has been a bit poorly today, but this is an easy recipe.
I used ready-made puff pastry (life is just to short to make your own, although it is fun to make), ready-made custard, Total Greek Yoghurt, a vanilla pod, fresh berries and a sprinkling of icing sugar.
Easy Heart Tarts
1. Flour your work surface and roll out a block of puff pastry until it is roughly 3 or 4 mm thick. I sprinkled my rolling pin and surface with icing sugar, but flour would do.
2. Use a knife to carefully cut out heart shapes, approximately 11 or 12 cm high. If you have a cutter, feel free to use that.
3. Score a line into the pastry, following the shape, about ½ cm in from the edge. This will create a lip which will hold in the custard filling.
5. Mix together ½ cup custard and ¼ cup Greek yoghurt.
6. Slice along a vanilla pod with a sharp knife and scrape out all the seeds.
7. Blend the vanilla seeds into the custard mixture.
8. With a teaspoon, gently press down the pastry in the centre of the hearts, leaving a raised edge.
9. Fill the pastry with the custard mixture.
10. Top the custard with berries and once all the hearts are filled, put the hearts back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
11. Remove the pastries from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before sprinkling with icing sugar.
I hope you enjoy these!