If you are anything like me, you collect recipes right left and centre. I scribble down recipes during cookery shows, from cookbooks and magazines and of course from blogs. Most of my recipes these days tend to come from blogs. Sometimes I am so inspired by a recipe I rush off to the kitchen and make it right away, but more often than not they are stored for another day. This fabled other day quite often doesn't arrived and I lamented the loss of the challenge Bookmarked Recipes, which encouraged me to use some of these recipes.
So, as if I don't have enough to do, I got in touch with Ruth and asked for her permission to revive the challenge. She happily agreed, so here we are at the end of June and the roundup for the first month.
1. Chocolate Pear Cake
Jacqueline (Tinned Tomatoes)
Recipe bookmarked from Cakes, Crumbs and Cooking - November 2009
2. Six Shades of Red Soup
Janet (The Taste Space)
Recipe bookmarked from Color Me Vegan
3. Szechun Peanut Pasta
Recipe bookmarked from The Good Housekeeping Step-by-Step Cookbook - Wedding Gift
4. Plum Gingerbread Sponge Pudding
Johanna (Green Gourmet Giraffe)
Recipe Bookmarked from Stephanie Alexander over at Cuisine.com.au - originally rhubarb
5. Pecan & Marmalade Loaf Cake
Anne (Anne's Kitchen)
Recipe bookmarked from BBC Good Food Collection Cookbook
6. Carrot Savoury Pie with Fresh Coriander
Graziana (Erbe in Cucina (Cooking with Herbs))
Recipe bookmarked from Inchiostro e Farina
7. Peach Pot Pie
Ranjini & Ruchira (Tadka Pasta
Recipe bookmarked from an article on Quick Puff Pastry in the LA Times Food section - March 2011
8. Chocolate Chip Honey Cornbread
Choclette (Chocolate Log Blog
Recipe bookmarked from Black Book Kitchen Diaries
9. Tomato & Bell Pepper Quiche
(Chocolate & Dreams)
Recipe bookmarked from the article 'Your Lifestyle', page 342, Femina - June 30 2010
10. Mary Berry's Double Chocolate Cookies
Chele (Chocolate Teapot)
Recipe bookmarked from a Mary Berry Recipe
11. Maslin Soda Bread
C (Cakes Crumbs & Cooking)
Recipe Bookmarked from Dan Lepard's Forum
I hope you enjoyed the first roundup of bookmarked recipes and I hope it has inspired you to dip into some of yours.
Have fun visiting all the websites!
If you would like to join in July's edition of Bookmarked Recipes, then just add your recipe to the linky at the end of this post.
Bookmarked Recipes Guidelines:
1. This challenge begins every month on the last Sunday.
2. You may submit as many bookmarked recipes as you like until the challenge closes on the last Saturday of the next month.
3. On the last Sunday each month I will post the roundup and announce the next challenge open.
4. You may post recipes you have bookmarked from magazines, tv programmes, websites or blogs..... Please credit the author of the recipe and ask them for permission if you are posting their recipe, most bloggers are very nice and don't mind if you ask nicely.
5. This blog is veggie, so please have the courtesy of only posting recipes suitable for veggies or why not suggest a veggie substitute if it is just a couple of the ingredients that are not veggie.
4. Mention and link to Jacqueline from Tinned Tomatoes as host and Ruth from Ruth's Kitchen Experiments as founder of the challenge.
5. You can use the logo in your post if you like.
6. I look forward to seeing the goodies you submit.
Visit The Food Blog Diary for more up-to-date foodie challenges, competitions and giveaways.