I finally got around to planting some basil a couple of weeks ago whilst my father-in law was here. The weather is a bit unreliable just now, so I decided to plant indoors and thought it would be nice to get Cooper involved. I let him plant two pots of basil with the help of his Dede (Grandfather in Turkish).
He has been really interested in his plants. Checking them every day and watering them with his wee watering can. Inevitably the floor gets a good watering too, but that doesn't matter. He is very good and puts his watering can away once he has finished with it.
I'm looking forward to lots of lovely basil to cook with.
Hope you enjoy the photos.
I forgot I was going to look for some basil related recipes to put up with this post. A bit late, but here they are:
1. Garlic Basil Knots from For the Love of Cooking
2. Strawberry, Balsamic, Mint & Basil Jam from Belleicious
3. Basil & Mint Lemonade from Taste & Tell
4. Basil Ice Cream from I Flip for Food
5. Basil-Tomato Cauliflower Pies from Allotment 2 Kitchen
6. Tomato & Zucchini Tart with Garlic & Basil from The Flour Sack
7. Lemon Herb Pasta with Capers from The Ordinary Vegetarian
8. Basil & Mint Infused Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream from Yummy Mummy
9. Hearty Wholegrain Basil Bread from The Diva-Dish
10. Spring Pizza with Argula & Basil Pesto from Heather Christo Cooks
from Tinned Tomatoes:
* Sweet Basil & Lemon Shortbread
* Herby Quinoa Salad with Mushrooms
* Spinach, Pea & Basil Pesto
* Mango, Basil & Balsamic Dressing
* Raspberry, Carrot & Basil Smoothie
and some tips ....
Growing Basil from Gardener's World
How to Freeze Fresh Basil from Kalyn's Kitchen