04 December 2011
On the fourth day of Christmas
.......I give you something for the wee ones in your life. Three picture books from Egmont.
The first is Fluff and Billy by Nicola Killen.
Fluff and Billy are the best of friends... but sometimes even best friends fall out! Whatever Fluff does, Billy copies, and it's starting to get on Fluff's nerves. Will a bit of friendly rivalry get the better of these loveable penguins? Dive in and discover in this heart-warming story of friendship and forgiveness.
The second and my favourite of the three is Sir Charlie Stinky Socks and the Tale of the Terrible Secret by Kristina Stephenson.
In the dead of night - when the wind is right - there comes a pitiful sobbing; out of the rumbling, grumbling castle and down the side of the hill...
Who could it possibly be? And what is this terrible secret all about? It seems something dreadful has happened in the tall, tall tower (with the pointy roof) and the only person who can put things right is - you guessed it – our very own honourable, feisty and courageous young hero, Sir Charlie Stinky Socks!
The last book in the set of three is Don't Wake Mr Bear by Jill Newton.
It is autumn and as many forest animals are settling down to hibernate, others take up their instruments to play a special winter lullaby. The forest orchestra is organised by the Dormouse, who heads off to sleep, reminding the others that under no circumstances must they wake Mr Bear. At first all is quiet but then, suddenly, a group of merry-making wolves crash into the forest. They are a lively bunch, and don't care about not waking Mr Bear - they just want to party! Their joie de vivre is infectious and it's not long before the forest orchestra have swapped their flutes and harps for guitars and speakers. It's all tremendous fun until a dark, bear-shaped shadow looms over the forest...
To win this set of three picture books:
1. Leave a comment to say you would like to win a set of three picture books.
2. Follow Tinned Tomatoes on google connect or networked blogs (down the side panel) and leave a second comment to say you have done so.
3. Follow me @tinnedtoms on twitter and leave a separate comment to let me know you have done so.
4. Follow @EgmontBooks on twitter and leave a separate comment to let me know you have done so.
5. Tweet the competition using (Win 3 picture books - 12 Days Of Christmas Giveaway @EgmontBooks #competition #win http://tinyurl.com/cc2sanp) and leave a separate comment to say you have done so.
6.. Like the Tinned Tomatoes Facebook Page and leave a separate comment to let me know you have done so.
If you add everything into one comment you will only get one entry, so remember to write a separate comment for each entry.
The giveaway runs until 27 December 2011 and the winner will be announced on 28 December 2011. This competition is UK only.
Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas!