09 December 2011
On the ninth day of Christmas
.......... Win a copy of Hungry - The Innocent recipe book for filling your family with good stuff.
This is one of my favourite cookbooks of the year. Innocent embodies everything that is right about cooking. Lots of fresh ingredients and simple recipes that are full of flavour, but so, so good for you. This is a real family cookbook, with the emphasis on family. Recipe after recipe of comfort food that will make your family feel loved.
Good things to have for breakfast
Good things to have for lunch
Good things to have for snacks
Good things to have for dinner
Good things to have for sides
Good things to have for pudding
Good things to make and bake
Good things to drink
There is a section dedicated to meat and one to fish, but that is really a small portion of the book.
Here are a few of the highlights for me:
* Sweet Potato Beany Bake
* Oven-Baked Squash Risotto
* Squash Tomato & Chickpea Curry
* Lebanese Lentil Salad
* Chilli Lemon Courgettes
* Little Carrot Fritters
* Rhubarb & Custard Smoothie
* Chocolate Mousse with Sticky Orange Caramel
* Brown Sugar Meringues
* Crumbs' Coconut Macaroons.
As well as all these yummy recipes there are tips and ideas galore. There is a colourful chart to help you eat seasonally and even a wee-ometer so you can check you are drinking enough water. This book is such a fun read!
If you would like to win a copy:
1. Leave a comment to say you would like to win a copy Hungry? by Innocent.
2. Follow Tinned Tomatoes on google connect or networked blogs (down the side panel) and leave a second comment to say you have done so.
3. Follow me @tinnedtoms on twitter and leave a separate comment to let me know you have done so.
4. Follow @innocentdrinks on twitter and leave a separate comment to let me know you have done so.
5. Tweet the competition using (Win Inncoent's Hungry? cookbook - 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway #competition #win http://tinyurl.com/caneyh3) and leave a separate comment to say you have done so.
6. Like the Innocent Facebook Page and leave a separate comment to let me know you have done so.
If you add everything into one comment you will only get one entry, so remember to write a separate comment for each entry.
The giveaway runs until 01 January 2012 and the winner will be announced on 02 January 2012. This giveaway is open to UK residents.
Merry Christmas and good luck everyone!
Disclosure Statement: I received this book free from the publisher to review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.