Coconut Truffles for World Vegan Day
World Vegan Month. The first of November was chosen for celebrating , as the coining of the term, ‘vegan’ and the founding of The Vegan Society was in November 1944.
As I now have a vegan husband, it seemed fitting that I create a recipe for World Vegan Day.
The truffles were chocoaltey, coconutty and sumptuous. Everything you want from a truffle. Both my husband and little by Cooper loved these truffles and they were gone in a flash. Job well done!!
Note to self, make a much bigger batch next time!
Vegan Coconut Truffles
These truffles are suitable for vegans, but no one would be able to guess they were. The are rich and chocolately with a coconut hit.
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 50g margarine (suitable for vegans)
- 75g icing sugar
- 75g desiccated coconut
- enough coconut to coat the truffles and a shake of sprinkles to add colour
1. Melt chocolate in a bain marie (bowl over simmering water). Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water, as this would spoil the chocolate. You could also melt the chocolate at a low setting in a microwave.2. Stir in the margarine until melted, then add the milk, coconut and icing sugar. Mix until well combined and smooth.3. Once cool, roll into balls and roll each ball in coconut and sprinkles.4. Store the truffles in a container between layers of greaseproof paper. These will keep in a cool, dark place for up to a month.Notes: I made 14 truffles, but how many you make will depend on the size.
Yield: Make 14 truffles
Here are a few more vegan recipe for you to try:
- Leafy Beetroot Bites (blog - Allotment 2 Kitchen)
- Mung Bean Soup with Kale (blog - Andrea's Easy Vegan Cooking)
- Pepper Crusted Cashew Goats Cheese (blog - Green Gourmet Giraffe)
- Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Black Bean Bites (blog - Diet, Dessert & Dogs)
- Lentil, Courgette & Thyme Burgers (blog - Tinned Tomatoes)
- Peanutty Vegetable Noodles (blog - Tinned Tomatoes)
- Richly Braised Lentils (blog - Tinned Tomatoes)
- Spinach & Potato Curry (blog - Tinned Tomatoes)
- Blackberry Lime Tartlets (blog - Fat Free Vegan Kitchen)
- Cherry Chocolate Mousse Pie (blog - Fat Free Vegan Kitchen)
- Chocolate Rice Pudding (blog- Green Gourmet Giraffe)
- Sin-Free Chocolate Mousse (blog - Tinned Tomatoes)