The Party Piece - Hotel Chocolat
I thought I would get that over with first. Are you intrigued? Desperate to see inside this tempting box?
Hotel Chocolat very kindly sent me The Party Piece deluxe box of chocolates to try. "A showstopping centrepiece for parties and sharing – with a huge array of over 80 chocolate nibbles, including enrobed fruits and nuts, mini chocolate logs, bite-sized chocolate canapés and more". That is how they descibe the box. It's pretty accurate.
Would you like to see inside now?
I am a lucky girl. What a chocolate selection! They arrived triumphantly 3 weeks ago and despite sharing them around there are still quite a lot left. You are looking at layers of chocolate in each compartment apart from the 2 large logs.
These are quality chocolates. You really can taste the difference.
Here is what you can expect to find inside:
- Succulent Ginger - Real slices of preserved ginger enrobed in deep dark chocolate to complement the tingling spice of ginger.
- Ginger Canapé Dark - Deep dark chocolate paired with crystalised ginger.
- Vanilla Canapé White - Creamy white chocolate boosted with vanilla seeds.
- Caramel Canapé - A dreamy mix of mellow caramel with just a hint of cherry and a sprinkle of cocoa crispies.
- Mini Pecan & Feuilletine Bûche - Melt in the mouth pecan and feuilletine praline studded with whole roasted pecans.
- Carmelised Hazelnuts - Dark - Premium Italian hazelnuts carmelised for extra crunch then sealed within dark chocolate.
- Dark with Nibs Canapé - Smooth 82% dark chocolate with pieces of nibbly cocoa nibs.
- Orange Tangs - The refreshing tang of pure orange juice set with a little pectin then simply enrobed in dark chocolate.
- 50% Milk Chocolate Canapé - Punchy whole roasted coffee beans on our 50% milk chocolate.
- Raspberry & Basil Canapé - Raspberry white chocolate with a hint of basil.
- 40% Milk with Éclat & Sea Salt Canapé - Mellow 40% milk chocolate, pieces of soft caramel and a pinch of sea salt.
- Mini Hazelnut Bûche - Pure mellow melting gianduja rich in hazelnuts.
- Salted Peanuts - Milk - A moreish mingling of salty and sweet with roasted salted peanuts in 40% milk chocolate.
- 50% Milk Earl Grey Canapé - Deeply chocolaty 50% milk chocolate and the bergamot flavours of Earl Grey Tea.
My Personal favourites were the Orange Tangs, the Raspberry & Basil Canapés, the Caramels and the Bûche.
So quickly! Write Hotel Chocolat on your list for Santa.
And another reason to buy some good quality chocolate?
Eating chocolate makes you smarter!
Disclosure: Hotel Chocolat sent me a box of chocolates to review. I was not required to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.