2013 was a great year for me and for Tinned Tomatoes.
In 2013 my blog went from strength to strength.
- I worked with a lot of great brands and I was featured in The Daily Mail Saturday supplement, Vegetarian Living magazine and The Metro newspaper.
- 2013 saw me named Top UK Food Blogger of the Year and many of my recipes were published on various websites from The Womens Institute website to The Good Food Channel.
- I continued to write for Baby Centre UK and joined the team at Great British Chefs.
- On a more personal note, Cooper started nursery, oh the time has gone by too quickly, we had a family holiday to Cyprus and a few mini breaks and my hubby started a new job.
Now I would like to share with you visual roundup of the recipes you liked the most in 2013.
2013 A Visual Roundup
It seems like you were all looking for healthy recipes in January. My 5:2 diet recipes were very popular, but you also like a spot of comfort food in January too.
- Minestrone Soup - a delicious soup and only 128 calories per portion. 13,304 page views
- Southern Style Rice - a savoury rice cooked in just one pot at only 232 calories per portion. 7,183 page views
- Swamp Juice - a tasty green smoothie with only 115 calories per glass. 4,644 page views
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup with Broccoli - I'm telling you the calories, lets just say it's a luxury soup. 2,374 page views
February was a bit of a mixture.
- Moroccan Style Potato Bake - one of my favourite dishes this year and a super tasty 233 calories per serving. 12,558 page views
- Potato and Beetroot Salad with Mozzarella - another 5:2 diet recipe, this time 300 calories per bowl. 2,496 page views
- Chocolate and Banana Flapjacks - Cooper made these chewy treats for his daddy. They are suitable for vegans, but no fancy or odd ingredients. 1,854 page views
- A Right Royal Breakfast - a breakfast of Kings. Wholemeal toast, spinach, avocado and a poached egg, mmmmmm! 1,429 page views
- Savoury Cauliflower Rice - A revelation, cauliflower can by whizzed up until quite fine and used in place of rice and it has very few calories. Result! Only 137 calories per portion. 14,357 page views
- Vegan Vanilla Cake - Another one for Graham, I was all set for making trifle when I realised although I had vegan jelly and custard, I didn't have any vegan cake for the base. I'm really pleased with this recipe. 3,028 page views
- Avocado, Apple and Hazelnut Salad - I loved this salad with the crunch of nuts and the sweetness from that apples. Only 227 calories per serving. 2,385 page views
- Cottage Garden Pie - this is one of my sneaky fill Cooper with vegetables recipes. It is packed with 7 vegetables and he loved it! 2,315 page views
A busy month, but more non-recipe posts than recipes,
here are your three favourites.
here are your three favourites.
- Cinnamon Apple Crisps - homemade crisps only 50 calories per portion. A healthy snack, but a real treat. 3,778 page views
- Coconut Island Smoothie - a delicious tropical smoothie, healthy and non-alcoholic, but tastes like a cocktail. 3,620 page views
- Simple Coconut and Jam Pastries - Step-by-step photos of Cooper making these yummy puffs. 945 page views
- Pink Mango Smoothie - this smoothie is like sipping summer and only 115 calories per glass. 15,243 calories
- Cajun Spiced Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burgers - I made fresh burgers quite a lot this year, but this is our family favourite. 8,758 page views
- Broccoli and Celery Soup - another of my low cal soups, this time only 111 calories per portion. 3,304 page views
- Spaghetti and Beanballs - veggie style meatballs to enjoy with pasta. Much, much healthier! 2,134 page views
- Pepper and Rocket (Arugula) Pizza - You won't believe it, this pizza is only 269 calories. 2,438 page views
- Potato and Bean Salad with Zingy Dressing - salads can be so varied and interesting, this is a great one. 1,891 page views
- Creamy Mushroom and Herb Spaghetti - a vegan take on a traditional creamy mushroom sauce. 1,772 page views
- Mango Lassi with Cardamom and Cinnamon - simply heavenly! 1,263 page views
- Puff Pizza Pie with Pesto - you haven't lived until you've tried this! 2,625 page views
- Frothy Babyccino - a child's version on a cappuccino that I make for Cooper (caffeine-free). 1,932 page views
- Avocado and Goats Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms - a new twist on a stuffed mushroom. 1,338 page views
- BBQ Apricots with Goats Cheese - when you want something more exciting than a burger on the barbie. 1,027 page views
- Warm Dressed Noodle Salad - I am drooling at the thought of the dressing on this salad. *slurp* 1,998 page views
- Creamy Avocado and Goats Cheese Sandwiches - simple but very, very good! 1,434 page views
- Scottish Tattie, Neep & Carrot Soup - a wholesome, nourishing and tasty soup. 1,129 page views
- Cheesey Bean Wraps with a Kick of Spice - Tesco used to do a great cheese bean wrap. I wanted one of my own. It was even better. 978 page views
October saw me going all spicy!
- Spinach Aloo - an Indian spinach and potato side dish, what's not to love? 2,301 page views
- Spinach and Coconut Dal - this is a real family favourite, we have it most weeks with toasted wholemeal pitta. It's delicious, healthy and a very cheap meal if you are watching the pennies. 1,799 page views
- Smutty Sweet Chilli Jam - Serve it on burgers, in wraps, alongside a curry. It'll brighten up any dish and it's quick to make. 1,500 page views
- Carrot, Leek and Mustard Seed Soup - an excellent soup spiced with mustard seeds. Only 109 calories and 31p per serving (it serves 8). 1,468 page views
- Rich Chocolate Brownies - moist and fudgey just like brownies should be. 1,694 page views
- Berried Treasure Pots - a video of Cooper making a simple layered dessert. 1,273 page views
- Ruby Red Gin Cocktails with Clementines - a fruity cocktail with a kick. 1,008 page views
- Toasted Potato & Beet Sandwiches - a nice variation to a cheese toastie. 990 page views
December was a month of review, challenges, giveaways and preparation for Christmas,
so I only have 2 recipes for you, but they are 2 of the best!
- Hero Spaghetti Hoops - healthy homemade spaghetti hoops with extra hidden vegetables. 1,178 page views
- Spaghetti with Mushrooms and Artichokes - a brilliant mid-week dish that is quick to make and packed with flavour 889 page views
That's the roundup of my year and all your favourite recipes.
As a family we eat simple, but delicious vegetarian and vegan food.
I'm looking forward to 2014 and all that it brings.
Thanks to all my loyal readers, you make it all worthwhile.
I wish ye all a healthy and happy 2014!