Now it's time to focus on content. If you ever hit a wall and can't think what to blog next or if you just want to keep your content varied, then this is the post for you.
Taken by Urvashi Roe, The Botanical Baker, this was one of the most practical and helpful labs.
Before Urvashi went through the types of content, we were asked to think about why we blog. Here is what I wrote:
- Recipe storage (my blog is where I try out and store my recipes)
- Business (my blog posts sometimes lead to work for other websites or brands)
- To connect (I love connecting with my readers, many of whom are now good friends)
And now for some tips:
- Make sure your content fits well with your objectives.
- Make it varied and interesting for your readers.
- Infographics are visual and popular. Try adding them to a post.
- Tag the infographic with the relevant search tags that will send readers to your post.
- Check out gifographics too, they are the new animated infographics.
|gifographic - seoexpertpage.com|
Quite eye-catching, isn't it?
Posts that will get attention:
- How to guides
- Rant posts (don't do too many of these, but they are good once in a while)
84% of posts with data are shared!
Urvashi had a great way of organising her content for the month and something I would seriously recommend. She buys a blank calendar and marks up all the interesting dates that might pull a lot of traffic. Dates like Valentines Day, Nutella Day, Wimbledon......... You get the idea. Then all you need to do is scribble on some ideas. Use the calendar to space out your posts and see at a glance what you have coming up and how balanced your posts are. Another great tip from Urvashi was to write the seasonal produce available each month at the bottom of the calendar.
Another tip is to look back at last year and see what was popular. Do another post on the same
theme. If it was popular before, chances are it will be popular again.
Also check out this Periodic Table of Content Marketing. Rather interesting!
- Food Blogger Connect #FBC14 - Tinned Tomatoes
- What's your Brand - Food Blogger Connect #FBC14 - Tinned Tomatoes
- To Vlog or not to Vlog? - Food Blogger Connect #FBC14 - Tinned Tomatoes
- Highlights from Food Blogger Connect Conference - The Travel Hack
- Food Blogger Connect 2014 - The Petit Kitchen
- Food Blogger Connect 2014 - food, drink and friends - Heidi Roberts Kitchen Talk
- Bacchanalia in Battersea: Food, Friends and Fun at Food Blogger Connect 2014 #FBC14 - Maison Cupcake
- Speculaas Nanaimo Bars (and Canada's Taste Trail) - Cakeyboi
Veggie Recipe of the Day
- from Food to Glow