Pasta. It's a staple in our house. It's quick, filling and tasty.
Penne with a fresh tomato and basil sauce, spaghetti with a rich bolognaise sauce, farfalle with a creamy mushroom sauce and lots of fresh herbs, shell pasta with roasted vegetables or belly button pasta salad with pesto, sundried tomatoes, roast peppers and fresh basil.
Are you in the mood for pasta now?
This simple, but satisfying pasta dish comes from the Bertolli website. It's an authentic Italian dish from Gennaro Contaldo and made with Bertolli with Butter. Garlicky mushrooms and fresh herbs tossed through freshly cooked tagliatelle.
I cooked some extra mushrooms with olive oil for Graham and added a little wine to the sauce, just because I couldn't resist.
Gennaro's Garlic Mushroom Tagliatelle Recipe
Garlicky mushrooms and fresh herbs tossed through freshly cooked tagliatelle. Easy to make and a joy to eat.
- 400g tagliatelle -fresh or dried
- 50g Bertolli with Butter + extra knob (or olive oil for a vegan dish)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g mushrooms (a mixture of chestnut and flat mushrooms)
- a good grinding of salt and pepper
- 100ml hot vegetable stock
- a slosh of white wine
- a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.2. Add the tagliatelle and cook until “al dente.” Gennaro’s tip: use lightly salted water to cook pasta in.3. Meanwhile heat Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and cook on low heat until softened.4. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft. Season well with salt and pepper/5. Add stock and wine and continue to cook for 3 – 4 minutes on a medium heat until the liquid has started to evaporated. 6. Stir in the parsley.7. Drain the pasta, add to the sauce with an extra knob of Bertolli with Butter and mix well.8. Enjoy
Yield: Serves 4
For more Bertolli recipes head over to their recipe page.
If you liked this recipe, why not try my Best Summer Pasta Salad?
Disclosure: I recreated this recipe from the Bertolli website and this is a sponsored post. I was not expected to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.