Halloumi Salad with Balsamic Tomatoes
1 - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 block halloumi cheese, sliced
seasoned flour (I seasoned some plain flour with black pepper and cayenne pepper)
4 new potatoes, thickly sliced
20 baby plum tomatoes
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
a selection of salad leaves and herbs
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
a good grind of black pepper
- Boil the sliced potatoes until just becoming tender, do not overcook or they will fall apart when sauteed.
- While the potatoes are cooking, assemble your salad leaves and herbs onto 4 plates, then whip up your dressing, using the ingredients listed.
- In another pan, dry fry the tomatoes until they split, then pour over the balsamic vinegar and toss around for a couple of minutes.
- Dry off the potatoes and then saute until golden in a little of the sunflower oil.
- Dip the sliced halloumi into the seasoned flour and then fry in a little oil until each side is golden
- Assemble the salad and drizzle with a little of the dressing.
This is not a diet salad, but then again, when have I ever shown that kind of tendency? It is amazingly delicious. Definitely a hearty salad that will impress
And the decorating? Don't ask! We've painted the hallway and two bedrooms, but we still have the woodwork to do. That sounds not too bad, does it? But, then nothing is where it should be and to top it all off, we have had a leak from the under the bath which has made it's way into the kitchen, so more repairs and decorating.
Please someone offer me a home, so I can have some calm until it is finished and tidy again.