I've not been around much. Have you missed me?
My laptop has been AWOL. An update to Windows 8.1 wiped most of the contents of my computer, so my laptop has been on vacation at not one, but two repair shops. It came back to me working, but an empty shell, so I'm now playing catch up and trying not to think of all the work I've lost.
|photo: Elizabeth's Kichen Diary|
Lightly toasted bread rubbed with a clove of garlic, then topped with peppery mashed avocado, lightly cooked peas, salty goats cheese and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
I used a shop bought balsamic glaze I keep in the fridge, but If you would like to make your own, check out Elizabeth's tutorial.
Avocado and Pea Bruschetta
A light and healthy lunch dish.
- 2 thick slices of bloomers bread
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- ½ ripe avocado
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- a good grinding of black pepper
- 50g frozen peas
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander
- 30-50g goats cheese
- a drizzle of balsamic glaze
1. Lightly cook the peas. While they are cooking toast the bread.2. Mash the avocado, with the lemon juice and black pepper. The lemon juice will prevent the avocado from discolouring.3. Drizzle a little olive oil over the toast and rub with the clove of garlic.4. Once the peas are lightly cooked, drain and mix through some coriander.5. Spread the soft avocado over the toast, top with the peas, then crumble some goats cheese over the peas and finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.6. Enjoy!
Yield: Serves 2
Here are a few more lunch ideas for you to try:
- Cheesey Bean Wraps
- Falafel, Beetroot and Goats Cheese Wraps
- Rocket and Mozzarella Farfalle Salad
- Carrot, Leek and Mustard Seed Soup
I'm submitting my bruschetta to two challenges.
- Extra Veg - Hosted this month my Elizabeth from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary. This challenge is the brain child of Helen from Fuss Free Flavours and Michelle from Utterly Scrummy.
- Credit Crunch Munch - Hosted this month by Sarah over at Maison Cupcake. This This challenge is the brain child of Helen from Fuss Free Flavours and Michelle from Utterly Scrummy Food for Families.