Long Clawson Dairy was founded in 1911 when 12 farmers from the Vale of Belvoir, Leicestershire, formed a co-operative to produce Stilton® Cheese in the village of Long Clawson. Today the dairy works with by over 40 farms, all from within the Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire area.
Today Long Clawson Dairy produces:
- Blue Stilton
- White Stilton
- Organic Blue Stilton
- Blue Shropshire
- White Stilton mixed with a variety of fruits
- Wensleydale & Cranberry
- Innkeepers Choice
- Windsor Red
- Cheddar, Apple and Wholegrain Mustard
- Cheddar, Apple and Cider Chutney
- Thomas Hoe Stevenson® Aged Leicestershire Red
- Herb & Garlic Whirl
- Onion & Chive Whirl
crème fraîche for a luxurious sauce. It was heavenly.
As good as it was, I wasn't able to convert blue cheese hating Graham, but the good news is Cooper enjoyed it, so I at least I have someone to share my blue cheese with.
Fettuccine with Creamy Blue Shropshire & Spinach
A creamy sauce made with rich, tangy Shropshire Blue Cheese, creme friache and spinach. Served on Fettuccine. A quick after work dinner.
- 1 cup/240ml double cream
- 1 cup/240ml creme fraiche
- 150-200g Blue Shropshire Cheese
- ½ cup/120ml white wine
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- a good grating of nutmeg
- a good grinding of pepper
- enough fetticcine for 4-6 people
1. Cook the fettuccine according to the packet instructions. 2. While the pasta is cooking melt the cheese in the cream and creme fraiche. Once it is smooth, add in the wine and spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted3. Season with nutmeg and black pepper. 4. Mix the sauce through the drained pasta and serve. It's as easy and quick as that. 5. Enjoy!
Yield: Serves 3-4
linky in honour of National Vegetarian Week.
I will be posting a roundup for you all to enjoy on Saturday 26 May 2012.
Disclaimer: Long Clawson Dairy sent me a selections of cheeses to try. I was not required to write a positive review. Any opinions expressed are my own.