If you're a regular visitor to this blog, then you'll know he loves cooking and baking. In fact, he has his own wee series over at Baby Centre called Cooking with Cooper.
Each of Cooper's recipes are really easy to make and have step-by-step photos to follow.
So far Cooper has made:
- Homemade Easter Eggs
- White Chocolate and Peppermint Truffles
- Coconut Ice
- Cheese and Pesto Pinwheels
Today we decided to make some simple pastries along the lines of our pinwheels, but this time a sweet version. Cooper filled the pastries with jam, desiccated coconut and some mixed dried fruit. They were such a treat and Cooper loved making them.
Simple Coconut & Jam Pastries
These sweet pastries are so simple to make and utterly delicious.
- 320g ready rolled puff pastry
- 4 heaped tbsp strawberry jam
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 small cup mixed fruit
1. Preheat oven at 190c /170c fan /gas mark 5.2. Take the pastry out of the fridge 10 minutes before you plan to start.3. Carefully unroll the pastry.4. Spoon the jam over the pastry and spread evenly,5. Sprinkle fruit across the jam layer.6. Finish off with a layer of coconut.7. Roll the pastry up and wrap in the original paper, then pop it in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.8. Slice and place circles of pastry on lined baking trays. Leave a little space between each pastry.9. Bake for 7 - 10 minutes until golden.10. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy while still warm.
Yield: 16 pastries (depending on size)