What I wanted to talk about was Cooper's meal.
He started with baked dough balls with garlic butter and quite a large side salad with lots of cucumber and tomato. He loves cucumber and dough balls, so he was a happy wee boy.
For dessert he picked chocolate fudge cake, also demolished rather quickly.
Then comes the lovely part, each child gets what they call a Bambinoccino. A frothed milk drink in the cutest cappuccino cup topped with a sprinkling of chocolate powder. He was soooooooo happy!
I loved the cup so much, I asked if I could buy one from them, but they kindly gave me one, so I decided to christen it with my own version of a Bambinoccino.
Mine has a pinch of cinnamon and ginger and is topped of with a sprinkling of freshly grated cinnamon and cocoa powder. Three cups later and he was satisfied.
This one is perfect for adults too, especially if you're wanting to avoid caffeine before bed.
Look at Cooper's pinky. I swear, he's trying to be posh!
ps the photo is minus cocoa powder. I started to take photos before I remember to add it and Cooper was waiting so patiently I couldn't bare to make him wait any longer.
A warm frothy drink, flavoured with a little ginger and cinnamon and topped with cocoa powder and fresh cinnamon. Best served in a cappuccino cup.
- 50ml milk (or coconut milk)
- a small pinch of ground ginger
- a small pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- a grinding of fresh cinnamon (optional)
1. Warm the milk in a jug in the microwave or in a small pan.2. Add a small pinch of cinnamon and ginger to the warm milk, along with the sugar and stir in.3. Froth the milk with a whisk or electric hand blender.4. Pour into your cappuccino cup and finish with a sprinkle of fresh cinnamon and cocoa powder.5. Enjoy!
Yield: Serves 1, plus a top up
Disclosure: I was not approached by Pizza Express and this is not a sponsored post. They were merely kind enough to offer me a cappuccino cup set, so I decided to share my visit with you.