Tesco asked me to create a recipe using their Parioli range of Italian products. Not heard of it yet?
"Parioli is a range of essential Italian groceries, produced entirely in Italy, for anyone aspiring to cook the Roman way. Olives and antipasti are joined by two extra virgin olive oils from southern Italy – one subtle, one fruity – authentic Modena balsamic vinegar, luscious red tinned tomatoes and four carefully selected regional pasta sauces including red and green pesto. The Parioli range, which is sold exclusively in Tesco, also includes dried pasta made from high-quality durum wheat semolina."
For my recipe I used their spaghetti, extra virgin olive oil and artichoke hearts.
I sauted the mushrooms in the olive oil with garlic, then added the artichoke hearts and fresh herbs. I tossed it all through freshly cooked pasta and finished it off with some black pepper and veggie style parmesan.
It was very, very good!
In fact my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I'll be making this one again. It's a fabulous weeknight pasta dish that is quick and easy to make. I do hope you try it.
Spaghetti with Mushrooms and Artichokes
A wonderful week night spaghetti dish that is quick and easy to make but packs a flavour punch.
- 1 tbsp Parioli extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for dressing
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 jar of Parioli grilled artichokes, drained (reserve some of the oil for dressing)
- a generous handful of fresh basil
- a generous handful of fresh parsley
- a good grinding of black pepper
- 300-400g spaghetti
- freshly grated parmesan to serve
1. Saute the mushrooms in the olive oil with the garlic.2. Add the artichokes and warm through, then add the herbs and season with black pepper. Add a splosh of the artichoke oil and a little more olive oil if you like to coat the pasta..3. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet or until al dente, then toss the vegetables through the pasta and serve.4. Top with parmesan.5. Enjoy!
Yield: Serves 4
Like the Parioli Facebook page to get the latest news from Parioli,8999 along with authentic Italian cookery tips, recipes and the giveaways to win Parioli goodies.