My final pancake recipe is for Chocolate and Lemon Curd Pancakes. I used my favourite Scotch Pancakes recipe again, but this time I added cocoa, a bit extra sugar and less flour. They worked out well. I think Cooper would have preferred them to be a bit sweeter, but I thought they were fine this way.
I layered my chocolate pancakes with thickly whipped double cream swirled with lemon curd, but that wasn't enough lemon curd for me, so I drizzled some over my pancake stack as well.
Everyone is going pancake crazy just now, it's not just me. Go to any blog and you're bound to find pancakes. Even the supermarkets are going pancake crazy. Asda have a whole page devoted to pancakes. Apparently there will be approximately 117 million pancakes eaten on Pancake Day. WOW!
If you want to be creative and develop your own recipe, have a look at Asda's Pancake Mix-O-Meter for a basic pancake recipe and then go crazy with flavours and toppings.
Chocolate Pancakes with Lemon Curd
Chocolate Scotch pancakes layered with thickly whipped cream swirled with lemon curd and extra lemon curd drizzled down the sides.
- 100g self raising flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 40g caster sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 142 ml / ¼ pint milk
- 300ml double cream
- as m lemon curd as you would like to add
1. First heat a non-stick frying pan.2. In a jug whisk together 1 large egg and half a cup of milk.3. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl with the sugar and salt, pour in the egg mixture and whisk in until well combined.4. Pour 1 tbsp of batter into the pan for each pancake. Use the back of your spoon to smooth them into a circle. Each pancake with take a couple of minutes, once they have a lot of bubbles over the surface, flip it. It only needs seconds on the other side to cook. Stack your pancake on a plate topped with kitchen paper and use up all the batter until you have 10 - 12 pancakes.5. Whip the cream until thick, then swirl some lemon curd through it.6. Once they are a little cooler, stack the pancakes with a filling of cream between each layer. Top with a dollop of cream and drizzle curd from the top.7. Tuck in an enjoy!
Yield: Makes 2 stacks of pancakes (10-12 pancake)
For more pancake inspiration check out these beauties:
- Creme Egg Pancake Stack - Great British Chefs
- Jelly Belly Vanilla Pancakes - Fuss Free Flavours
- Polish Apple Pancakes - Ren Behan
- Blueberry and Vanilla Cheesecake Pancakes - Ren Behan
- Mango and Blueberry American Style Pancakes - Fuss Free Flavours
- 25 Droolworthy Pancake Recipes - Baby Centre
- Scotch Pancakes with Bananas and Maple Syrup - Tinned Tomatoes
- Homemade Fluff and Melted Chocolate Pancake Tower - Tinned Tomatoes