Need a chocolate fix? Well you've come to the right place.
Rich frothy hot chocolate made with good quality dark chocolate and spiced with cinnamon and mixed spice.
I drink a fair amount of hot chocolate, but it tends to be the low calorie kind made with boiling water. It keeps me going at work, but it isn't satisfying like a really good hot chocolate.
Today is Sunday and we're busy preparing for Christmas, so we really needed something a bit more luxurious. Time to break out the 70% Lindt dark chocolate.
I made my real hot chocolate with whole milk, a little sugar, some cinnamon from Gresado and a good pinch of mixed spice to give it a little warmth and make it more Christmassy.
I served the hot chocolate with a sprinkling of Freedom mini vegetarian (and vegan) vanilla marshmallows. What a treat to be able to say yes to marshmallows on top of hot chocolate. I'm so sick of having to say no in coffee shops.
Real Spiced Hot Chocolate
Hot chocolate make with good quality dark chocolate and spices for a real chocolate hit
- 100g dark chocolate
- 600ml/2½ cups milk or coconut milk
- 2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (or a good grating from a cinnamon stick)
- a good pinch of mixed spice
- a handful of veggie marshmallows to top the hot chocolate (optional)
1. Break the chocolate into pieces. 2. Pour the milk into a power blender, then add the chocolate, sugar and spices. 3. Whizz on low until the chocolate has blended until fine then turn higher for 4-5 minutes until the chocolate is hot and frothy. It won't be piping hot but just a lovely temperature for drinking4.If you don't have a power blender like mine, melt the chocolate, sugar and spices in a pan until melted and hot, then use a hand bender to froth up.5. Pour into cups or mugs and top with veggie marshmallows before serving.6. Enjoy!
Yield: Makes 4 - 6 cups or mugs of hot chocolate
Gresado are an online shop who sell chef quality ingredients to the home cooks as well top restaurants.
During December Gresado are sending a free panettone to all customers who spend £50 in their online store.
Also until 17 January 2015 use the code TTDEC14 and get 10% off your shop.
Disclosure: I am working with Gresado at the moment and being paid for my time.I was not expected to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.