Carrying on the theme of Oreos, I bring you Oreo Chocolate Tiffin. An easy no-bake traybake (that's a bit of a contradiction, isn't it?) studded with Oreo biscuits and raisins. Even better it's suitable for vegans. Yes I made this one for my lovely husband, although Cooper and I tucked in too.
It was easy to make, but not so easy to cut smoothly, so I'm afraid the photos leave a lot to be desired. I should have scored the top layer of chocolate while it was still soft and it would have cut neater. Oh well you live and learn and it didn't effect the taste one little bit. It'll be messy where its going as my mother would say.
If you don't have dairy free spread you can use butter instead and you can also substitute the dark chocolate with milk chocolate if you prefer it. Either way, it's a real treat and a total chocolate hit!
Oreo Chocolate Tiffin
An easy no-bake treat filled with Oreos and raisins and topped with an extra coat of chocolate. Dairy Free
- 225g dairy free spread
- 4 tbsp agave nectar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 75g raisins
- 300g oreos, crush a few and break the rest
- 400g dark chocolate
- 12 mini oreos to top
1. Line a brownie pan with greaseproof paper or foil lined greaseproof paper (fabulous stuff!). 2.Heat the dairy free spread gently in a pan with the agave syrup and cocoa powder, until melted. Take off the heat and stir in the the crushed & broken Oreos and raisins until well combined. 3. Pour the mixture into the brownie pan and smooth down. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. 4. Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over gently simmering water. Make sure the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Once the chocolate has melted, pour it over the biscuit mix and smooth evenly across the biscuit mixture. 5.Pop the mixture in the fridge to set, before cutting into 16 squares with a sharp knife. 6. Enjoy!
Yield: Makes 16 squares of tiffin
Here are a few more recipes for you to try.
- Oreo and Caramel Cheesecake - Tinned Tomatoes
- Slow Cooker White Chocolate Oreo Blondies - Baking Queen 74
- Oreo Button Cookies - Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary
- Oreo Brownies - Little Sunny Kitchen
- No-bake Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake - Recipes from a Pantry
- Oreo Cheesecake - Simply Food
- Oreo Poke Cake - United Cakedom
- Mint Chocolate Truffles - Tinned Tomatoes
- Mars Bar Block - Tinned Tomatoes
- Toffee Crisp Petit Fours - Jo's Kitchen
- Rocky Road - It's Not Easy Being Greedy
- Easter Rocky Road - Ren Behan/BabyCentre UK