This is one of our favourite soups. The combination of peanut butter, chilli and ginger give this soup a wonderful rich flavour and adding noodles turns this into a really filling meal in a bowl. Move over pot noodle. There's a new boy in town!
Squash, Carrot & Noodle Soup
A really satisfying soup that is full of flavours and textures. A real winner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- ½ butternut squash, chopped
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 4 cups/2 pints vegetable stock
- 200g soft noodles
- 1 large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 large handful roasted peanuts
- a good grinding of salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Gently saute the onion, garlic and ginger in the olive oil.2. Add the celery and carrots and cook for a few minutes. 3. Add the squash and cook for another few minutes.4. Stir in the chilli powder, turmeric and peanut butter. Pour in the vegetables stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered for 30 minutes.5. Add the noodles and cook for a few more minutes before seasoning and adding the coriander. 6. Serve topped with a sprinkling of roasted peanuts.
Yield: Serves 4-6