29 May 2011
Chocolate Pear Cake
I made this cake a few weeks ago. It is one of those you see on a blog and just want to make immediately, bookmark and then forget about until you are looking for just the right cake. (check end of post for Bookmarked Recipes guideline)
It was my brother-in-law's birthday and this indeed was just the right cake. I was lucky enough to discover it over at Cakes, Crumbs & Cooking, way back in November 2009. I cannot believe it sat there all that time. It was fabulous and it totally lived up to my expectations. It is moist and very fudgey. The pear slices are just gorgeous paired or should I say peared with the chocolate. What a great combination.
Well, National Vegetarian Week is drawing to a close and I haven't done much for it. I hope you aren't too disappointed. My father-in-law is visiting from Cyprus, so we have been very busy. I am hoping this gorgeous cake will make up for the lack of recipes. You can find the recipe here.
When I was writing this post, I was thinking it would be great if the challenge called Bookmarked Recipes was still on the go. So, I got in touch with Ruth who gave me permission to go ahead. So here we go. A new/old challenge.
1. I am going to start this challenge every month on the last Sunday. You will be able to submit a recipe to the challenge until the last Friday of the next month. On the Sunday the next challenge will begin.
2. You may post recipes you have bookmarked from magazines, tv programmes, websites or blogs..... Please credit the author of the recipe and ask them for permission if you are posting their recipe, most bloggers are very nice and don't mind if you ask nicely.
3. This blog is veggie, so please have the courtesy of only posting recipes suitable for veggies or why not suggest a veggie substitute if it is just a couple of the ingredients.
4. Mention and link to Jacqueline from Tinned Tomatoes as host and Ruth from Ruth's Kitchen Experiments as founder of the challenge.
5. You can use the logo in your post if you like.
I am going to give a Linky list a go, a visual one that shows your post photos. We will see how it goes and if we all like it.
I do hope this challenge will inspire you to dip back into all those bookmarked recipes.