Deluxe Carrot, Courgette & Peanut Butter Stuffed Mushrooms
This is one of Graham's favourite dishes. It is one his mother passed on to me and so a great choice for Mother's Day.
Tender, juicy mushrooms, filled with the most delicious filling that is both sweet and salty with a crunch from the peanut butter. I haven't found a better stuffed mushroom yet.
Why not try them and let me know what you think?
Do you have a favourite stuffed mushroom recipe?
Carrot & Courgette Stuffed Mushrooms
Don't be fooled into thinking these would be good on a diet, they are more luxurious than that. As well as the carrot and courgette there is also peanut butter & cheddar. Delicious!
- 4 portobello mushrooms (or any large flat cap mushrooms)
- 1 large carrot. peeled and grated
- 1 good-sized or two smaller courgettes, grated
- 4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (sometimes I use Worcestershire Sauce)
- a good grinding of salt & pepper
- 1 cup grated mature cheddar
1. Preheat the oven to 220c/200c fan/425f /gas mark 7.2. Peel the skin of the mushrooms and make sure they are clean. Use a piece of kitchen roll if you need to dust them off.3. Grate the carrot and courgette in a bowl and mix well.4. Add the peanut butter and soy sauce to the grated carrot and courgette and mix well together. If the mixture is too stiff, you can add a little more soy sauce, but the mixture should be quite thick. Season with salt and pepper.5. Pile the mixture into the four mushrooms and top with the grated cheese. Pop in the oven on a pre-heated baking tray for 20-25 minutes until the cheese has melted and started to brown.6. Serve with a selection of vegetables or with a baked potato and salad. If you would like to serve as a starter, just serve with a little salad.
DetailsTotal time: Yield: Serves 4
Here are a few more stuffed mushroom recipes for you to try:
- Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms from Munchin with Munchkin
- French Onion Soup Stuffed Onions from Jo Cooks
- Crowdie Stuffed Mushrooms from A Wee Bit of Cooking
- Stuffed Mushrooms with Spring Onions & Cream Cheese from A Slice of Cherry Pie
- Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms from A Sweet Pea Chef
- Stuffed Mushrooms with Pecans from What Would Cathy Eat
- Danish Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms from Anne's Kitchen