Chocolate, banana, oats, golden syrup and a final addition of raisins, which Cooper said his daddy would especially like.
Cooper was right and Graham loved his flapjacks.
I measure flapjack ingredients out in cups. It's not a recipe that needs to be precise, so if you don't have baking cups, then just use a teacup. If the mixture seems a little wet, then just add more oats. It should be quite a stiff, almost dry consistency before it is baked.
I used dairy free margarine for these flapjacks, but if you aren't baking for a vegan, then you could use butter. You can also change the golden syrup for honey or agave syrup, it is up to you.
Whatever changes you make, you are going to love these flapjacks!
Chocolate and Banana Flapjacks
A chewy moist flapjack made with oats, dark chocolate, raisins, banana and golden syrup. Suitable for vegans
- ½ cup/100g dairy free margarine (or you could use butter)
- 5 tbsp golden syrup (or you could use agave syrup or honey)
- 3½ cups porridge oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup raisins
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into small chunks
1. Preheat oven to 160c/140c fan/gas mark 3 and line a brownie pan or baking tray with greaseproof paper. I like to use foil backed parchment as it moulds to the pan nicely and is less fiddly.2. In a small pan melt together the margarine and golden syrup, then stir in the mashed banana and set aside to cool.3. Measure the oats into a large bowl, mix in the raisins and chocolate4. Pour in the cooled wet mixture and stir until well combined. If the mixture seems a little wet, you may add more oats.5. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and press down with the back of a spoon until even.6. Bake for 25 minutes until golden, but slightly springy to the touch. Leave to cool in the pan. 7. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Yield: 16 flapjacks
|Cooper making Peanut Butter and Jelly Flapjacks.|
Here are a few more flapjack recipes to try:
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Flapjacks - Baby Centre
- Carrot, Banana and Chocolate Chip Flapjacks - Tinned Tomatoes
- Orange and Raisin Flapjacks- Allotment 2 Kitchen
- Dried Apricot and Pumpkin Seed Flapjacks- Allotment 2 Kitchen
- Cheesecake Brownie Flapjacks - Lay the Table
- Raspberry Flapjacks- The World of Cooking
- Apricot and Ginger Flapjack - Maison Cupcake
So you have a favourite flapjack recipe?
Do you prefer flapjacks to be chewy or crisp?