5:2 Diet - Pink Mango Smoothie = 115 calories
It's been a long time coming, but the sun is finally showing her face and everything feels more positive and optimistic.
So what is summer in a glass?
It's strawberries, mango, banana and peach.
I also added some baobab powder to the smoothie. I like to give my smoothies an extra punch of nutrients.
In case you haven't heard of baobab powder before, it's a hard fruit from an African tree, which is made into a powder. It's high in Calcium, Potassium, Fibre and Vitamin C.
This is a great smoothie for 5:2 Diet fast days, as it comes in at only 115 calories per glass and each glass contains 80% of your recommended Vitamin C.
As you can see Cooper enjoyed it, which is always a plus.
Actually, he does love his smoothies and I do try to make one for him every day.
I am a little sad looking at his photo. He's spending the weekend with his grandparents as we're working this holiday weekend. Friday night through to Monday night. How I miss him! Of course he's having a great time! He shouted down the phone to me this morning that he was going to the park, he loved me and bye. Yes, his telephone conversations are rather short and to the point.
Roll on Monday night!
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this smoothie. Scroll down for the recipe and some more slurpilicious smoothie suggestions.
- 12 large strawberries
- 12 large frozen mango chunks
- 1 large banana
- 1 tsp baobab powder
- 400ml pure peach juice
- 200ml water
1. Whizz all the ingredients in a vitamix or food processor until smooth. You may add ice too.2. For a creamy smoothie, you could add some coconut milk, soya milk or semi-skimmed milk instead of water.3. Enjoy!
Yield: 6 glasses
Here are a few more smoothies for you to try:
- Apple, Avocado and Mint Smoothie - Tinned Tomatoes
- Berry and Beetroot Smoothie - Fuss Free Flavours
- Kale-Berry Smoothie - Food to Glow
- Pretty Green Tea Smoothie - Food to Glow
- Raspberry, Banana, Oat and Chia Seed Smoothie - Lisa's Kitchen
- Strawberry and Coconut Smoothie - Fuss Free Flavours
- Swamp Juice Smoothie - Tinned Tomatoes
- Watercress and Apple Smoothie - Smarterfitter
While you are in the mood for smoothies, check out my post Top 10 Smoothies for Babies and Toddlers over at Baby Centre UK.