As you know I'm always trying to boost Cooper's fruit and vegetable intake. Sometimes it's just offered on the plate or in his lunch box and sometimes it's just pure sneaky!
I made a league table up to show you my problem. Now make sure you understand that the sometimes eat column as actually rarely eat!
Cooper's Vegetable and Salad League Table
|He has no problem eating chocolate cake!|
I have to be sneaky to make sure he has enough good stuff in his diet.
This latest milkshake it another of my sneaky recipes. Whole milk, a large ripe avocado, a banana, some Clarks Clear Blossom Honey to sweeten it, some seeds, cocoa powder and some Nutella.
He loved it! Especially when I served him some in a milk bottle with some sprinkles around the top.
It's not low fat or low calorie, but it's healthy and as a little boy who runs about all day, he needs the calories.
You could lower the calories by using skimmed or semi-skimmed milk and only using half the avocado, but it is perfect for a growing lad.
Chocolate & Avocado Shake
A healthy shake with an extra boost of vitamins from avocado, banana and flax seeds (linseeds).
- 600ml whole milk (or soya mik)
- 1 large ripe avocado, flesh only
- 1 banana banana
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Nutella (you can add extra cocoa instead of nutella)
- 2 tsp runny honey (or agave nectar)
- 2 tsp flax seeds (linseeds)
- 1 tsp jam
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
1. Whizz up the milk, avocado, banana, cocoa powder, nutella, honey, flax seeds and a handful of ice cubes until smooth.2. To decorate the glasses or milk bottles, rub or brush jam around the rim of each glass. Pour your sprinkles into a little bowl and dip each jammed glass rim in the sprinkles until coated.3. Pour the smoothie into each glass and serve.4. Enjoy!
Yield: Serves 4-6
By the way, just in case you are interested, the wee buddies in the photos belong to Cooper. The fox, is called Daniel Dan and the owls are little no-sew sock owls, you can find my sock owl tutorial over at Baby Centre.
Disclosure: Clarks sent me some of their honey to try. I was not required to write a positive post and any opinions expressed are my own.