It's day two of National Vegetarian Week. Yesterday we made Rocket Hummus, so now it's time to put it to some practical use. Falafel, Beetroot and Goats Cheese Wraps.
Great Food kindly sent me some of their falafel and pakora to try so it was a really quick meal to put together. The falafel was very moreish!
You may think this looks like a rather superb lunch, but actually we enjoyed this for dinner. It's very filling and is absolutely droolworthy.
Cooper had a simpler version, spread with just a little hummus, some falafel, cucumber and sweetcorn and Graham had the same as me, but without the goats cheese.
I added a dollop or two of marmalade for sweetness to contrast with the pickled beetroot and the tangy salty cheese, but sweet chilli sauce or mango chutney would also be excellent.
I bet you're looking at that and thinking there is NO WAY she managed to wrap all that up! I can tell you it was a close thing. It was rather full, but I managed it. Munch! Munch!
What do you like on a wrap?
Falafel, Beetroot and Goats Cheese Wrap
A filling wrap full of crisp salad, peppery hummus, spicy falafel, the tang of pickled beetroot and the salty creaminess of goats cheese.
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 2-3 tbsp rocket hummus (or other hummus)
- a generous handful of mixed salad leaves
- a few slices of cucumber
- 2-3 pickled baby beets, halved
- 2 tbsp chickpeas
- 3 falafel, halved
- a slice of goats cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp marmalade
1. Spread the tortilla with hummus and top with salad.2. Next add beets, chickpeas and falafel. 3. Crumble some goats cheese over the top of the open tortilla.4. Drizzle over the marmalade.5. Tuck either side in and roll firmly, then cut in half and serve. 6. Enjoy!
Yield: 1 filled wrap
Veggie Recipe of the Day
from The Hedgecombers
Why not join in the conversation with @nvw2014 @vegsoc and #veggieweek
Join me tomorrow and every day this week for more veggie inspiration.
Happy National Vegetarian Week!