Usually raspberries are paired with peaches for melba, but I had six big, ripe and juicy apricots, so here we go Apricot Melba Smoothies.
Fresh, fruity and vegan, so we all enjoyed them.
freaky cute little guy on the right is one of Cooper's darlings. She's called Ellis Yoohoo. Yes Cooper certainly has a knack for naming his cuddlies. He thought Ellis Yoohoo should be in the shot since she's pink too. So who was I to argue?
Cooper thinks he is quite the photographer now. When we were on holiday I let him use my new Olympus E-PL5 camera, the one I was supposed to be learning to use. I think he may well be a wee bit more advanced with it than I am. Hmmmmmmm!
Here is the boy wonder with my camera.
And here are some of his photos. As you can see Cooper has his own ideas for subject matter. Mostly scooters and motorbikes with the odd person thrown in.
And now back to the smoothie. I teamed apricots with raspberries, vanilla bean paste, Graham's dairy free Koko coconut milk and some agave nectar as the raspberries were a little tart. You could of course use milk and honey.
I whizzed up our smoothies in seconds in my Optimum 9400. It blends such a smooth smoothie from fresh fruit almost instantly.
If you are in the market for a new blender, don't waste money on a cheap one as the motors just run out. I know. Been there.
The Froothie Optimum 9400 is on at a special price of £329 at the moment, which is a hefty drop from the £500 - £600 price tag that other high spec blenders have and they aren't even as powerful.
I have a special code for any readers who buy a blender through my link. Use the code 'Special Ambassador Offer' and you will get another 2 years warranty. Pretty cool huh?
Apricot Melba Smoothies
A smooth fruity smoothie with a hint of coconut. Slurp!
- 170g raspberries
- 6 ripe apricot, halved and stoned
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1-2 tsp agave nectar (optional)
- 500ml light coconut milk
- plenty of ice cubes
1. Whizz up all the ingredients until smooth.2. Pour into glasses and add a straw.3. Enjoy!
Yield: Makes 4-6 smoothies
Here are a few more apricot and raspberry recipes for you to try:
- Beet and Raspberry Chia Jam - Veggie Desserts
- Peach Melba and Frangipane Scones - Food to Glow
- Raspberry Eclairs with Sicilian Cream - Franglais Kitchen
- Raspberry & White Chocolate Cupcakes - Greedy Gourmet
- Raspberry & Lime Cheesecake - Greedy Gourmet
- Blackberry & Raspberry Jam - Fab Food 4 All
- Vanilla Pannacotta with Frozen Raspberries - The Botanical Baker
- Apricot and Goji Berry Balls - Cakeyboi
- Nectarine and Apricot Sherbet - Tinned Tomatoes
Disclosure: Froothie sent me a blender to review. I was not expected to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.
ps I love my Froothie!