I recently made Fresh Blackberry and Apple Slushies in my Optimum 9400. They were so indulgent and such fun to drink, the thought of making some alcoholic slushies was in my mind. Wouldn't they be great to serve at a party? So I set to work and came up with these Frozen POM Orange Tequila Cocktails.
Oh my! I must encourage you to try them, they were delicious. Dangerously so. They weren't overly sweet, but the sweetness they did have needed salty nibbles, so I served the cocktails with Wonderful Roasted Salted Pistachios. Mmmmmm, they worked so well together. Happy Days!
Just in case you haven't heard of POM, it is a wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice in the kookiest bottle. Great for adding to smoothies and cocktails, without all the faff of trying to juice pomegrante seeds.
Oh and my tip for drinking these luscious cocktails? Fat straws!
Top 10 Party Tips
|Balsamic Tomato and Pesto Canapes|
|Mini Veggie Haggis and Mustard Bites|
- Make a list. In fact make at least 10 lists and tick things off as you go You can't be too organised.
- Give yourself time to do a Spring clean in the house before the party, you'll be more relaxed inviting guests into a clean and tidy house. Also be prepared for spills during the party and buy stain removal products, just in case.
- Buy some fresh flowers the day before the party and place in vases around the house.
- Prepare as much as you can in advance. Have plenty of party food made and sitting in the fridge or the freezer ready to be heated and served on the day.
- Make sure your party food is small and easy to pick up when holding a drink. You are looking for bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare a drinks area, with drinks, glasses, a bucket of ice and slices of citrus fruit for garnish.
- Put together some mix CDs or playlists on your MP3 player ahead of the party, so no one spends the party trying to find
Mint Chocolate Truffles
- Give yourself an hour to get ready, if you don't you could be answering the door all sweaty in your lounging-about-the-house clothes.
- Aim to be ready for your guests a good half hour before they are due to arrive. This means you won't be running round like an idiot with high stress levels and you'll be ready to calmly greet that early guest. There's always one!
- Relax and enjoy!
Frozen POM Orange Tequila Cocktails
An alcoholic tequila slushie with fresh orange and pomegranate juice. Perfect to sip with friends.
- 150ml (3 shots) tequila
- 100ml (2 shots) cointreau (or other orange liqueur)
- 100ml (2 shots) POM pomegranate juice
- 2 large oranges
- lots of (I used half a bag) ice cubes
1. Juice the oranges.2. In a blender, add all the ingredients and whizz until you have a slushie texture.notes: If you don't have a power blender like mine, do not add the ice as it will burn out the motor.3. Serve with a salty nibble and enjoy!
Yield: Makes 6-8 cocktails
Here are a few more mocktails and cocktails to get your party started:
- Apple, Grape and Kiwi Quencher - Fab Food 4 All
- Fresh Blackberry & Apple Slushies -Tinned Tomatoes
- Pineapple and Ginger Sparkler - Tinned Tomatoes
- Lime Thyme Mocktail - Jen's Favorite Cookies
- Rhubarb Soda - Closet Cooking
- Pomegranate Daiquiri - Amuse Your Bouche
- Blackberry and Elderflower Julep - Botanical Baker
- Strawberry Bellini - Cakeyboi
- Apple Pie Martini - Hungry Couple
- Gin and Melon Slushie - Fuss Free Flavours
- Raspberry and Prosecco Cocktail - Cook Sister
- Gin Mojito - London Unattached
Disclosure: I developed this recipe for POM and featured Wonderful Pistachios. I was not required to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.