What to do with all the strawberries?
Well apart from consuming my body weight in them, they are going into smoothies and of course cocktails like this Strawberry Summer Sip Cocktail.
I'd love to tell you I made a jug of this and Graham and I got jolly on it together, but no, I made a single cocktail for myself to sip. I know right! So restrained. Well it was a weeknight and Graham was driving the next morning, so he stuck to soft drinks.
Such a simple cocktail. You start with ice, add a few ingredients and give it a stir, before sitting down to enjoy it, pretending you're lounging beside a pool somewhere hot, sipping your cocktail and reading your kindle, in blissful peace.
Now we just need some sunshine and heat and everything would be perfect, I could even skip the pool part.
Strawberry Summer Sip Cocktail
A sweet cocktail with the taste of Summer. Just enough for one, although feel free to multiply the quantities and make a jugful.
- 2 tbsp Sipsmith Summer Cup (or Pimms)
- 1 tbsp strawberry syrup
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- ¾ glass white wine
- 2-3 strawberries
- a handful of ice cubes
1. Fill the glass with ice cubes.2. Pour in the Summer Cup, strawberry syrup and maple syrup.3. Add the strawberries.4. Top up with wine and stir.5. Enjoy!
Yield: Makes 1 cocktail
- Easy Strawberry Ice Cream
- Eton Mess Cake
- Lemon Sponge Cake with Lemon Cream and Strawberries
- Strawberry and Banana Muffins
- Strawberry and Elderflower Cocktail
- Strawberry and Rhubarb Jam
Disclosure: Amazon kindly sent me some Sipsmith Summer Cup to try. I was not required to right a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.