I love this dish, but then I am a sucker for any mushroom dish. I just crave mushrooms.
In this simple dish the linguine is coated in a creamy garlic sauce, mushroom and spinach. Creamy sauces can be a bit rich, so I have cut through the cream with some vegetable stock that also adds to the flavour.
I used single cream but you can make this vegan by using a non-dairy cream. I like Alpro single soya cream. I buy the UHT version and keep some in my store cupboard so I can throw together quick sauces.
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
250g mushrooms sliced
100g baby spinach
½ cup vegetable stock
½ cup single cream (or dairy free single cream)
1 handful fresh basil
freshly cooked linguine
freshly grated parmesan (veggie or vegan)
a few basil leaves
- Lightly saute the mushrooms and garlic in the olive oil until the mushrooms are soft. I like to add black pepper to my mushrooms as they cook, but you can wait until the end to season.
- Add the spinach to the pan, before adding the stock. Leave to cook gently for a few minutes and then add the cream.
- Next add the basil leaves. You may leave the sauce on a gentle heat until the pasta has finished cooking and has been drained.
- Pour the pasta into the pan and coat well with the sauce before serving.
- Top with a grind of black pepper, a sprinkling of parmesan and a few basil leaves.