I'm not keen on cupcakes as a rule. A plain little cake topped with frosting, I admit they look pretty, but I find them a bit boring. A filled cupcake? Oh yes, I'm there!
I made some vanilla cupcakes to show off some of my purchases from the new Tesco Autumn/Winter homeware range. Isn't it pretty? Far too nice to resist.
- Round Wood Stripe Tray - £15
- Double Dipped Navy & Light Blue Side Plate - £4
- 4 Denim Napkins - £4
- Creative Tops Jam Jar Glass - £3
Finest Cornish Clotted Cream and Finest Raspberry Conserve. I popped the cupcake lid back on and topped them with pipped whipped vanilla cream and finished them with a single Scottish raspberry.
Boy they were fine.
The cupcakes are back in town!
Vanilla Cupcakes with Clotted Cream and Raspberry Jam
Classic vanilla cupcakes filled with clotted cream and raspberry jam, then topped with piped vanilla cream and a raspberry. Sheer indulgence.
- 125g soft, butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 tsp clotted cream
- 9 tsp raspberry jam
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or some vanilla bean seeds
1. Fill 9 holes of a 12 hole muffin tray with cupcake cases. 2. Blend the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. (I used an electric hand whisk) 3. Add the vanilla, milk, eggs and flour and mix until combined. Do not over mix as this will result in a heavy cupcake. 4. Spoon cake batter into each cupcake case until about two thirds full. 5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. 6. Leave to cook on a rack. 7. Once they are totally cool, scoop out some of each cake and fill each one with a tsp of clotted cream and jam, then add a lid back on. 8. Whip the cream with vanilla and pipe onto each cupcake. 9. Top each cupcake with a raspberry.10. Enjoy.
DetailsTotal time: Yield: 9 filled cupcakes
Here are a few more cupcakes for you to enjoy:
Chocolate Cupcakes - Fab Food 4 All, Roasted Beetroot and Raw Cacoa Nib Cupcakes - Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary, Banana Cupcake with Peanut Butter Frosting - Taming Twins, Beetroot and Bitter Chocolate Cupcakes with Caramelised Hazelnuts - Franglais Kitchen, Lemon and Poppy Seed Cupcakes - Maison Cupcake & Toffee Apple Cupcakes - Feeding Boys and a Firefighter.
- Individual Marzipan Cupcakes - Kavey Eats
- Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes with Orange Frosting - How to Cook Good Food
- Chocolate, Raspberry and Hazelnut Cupcakes - Blue Kitchen Bakes
- Espresso Coffee Cupcakes - Mostly about Chocolate
Disclosure: I developed this recipe for Tesco. I was not required to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.