And so my sandwich week continues.
This is my favourite sandwich yet. I've done nothing but think about this one since I made it and speedily ate it yesterday. Oh it's so, so good. I have to buy some more flour tortillas to make some more of these tomorrow.
The flavours are those of a Caprese Salad, but instead of mozzarella I used a base of Philadelphia with garlic and herbs, added all my toppings and finished it off with a layer of Leerdammer before rolling it.
They'd be great for a party or a wee one's packed lunch. I'm already thinking up some other flavours to try.
What would you fill pinwheel sandwiches with?
Caprese Pinwheel Sandwiches
August 27, 2015A quick but super tasty lunch that's easy to put together and has so much flavour.
- 1 four tortilla
- 100g Philadelphia with garlic and herbs
- a few fresh basil leaves
- ½ ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 large sun blushed tomatoes, sliced into strips
- 3 slices Leerdammer
- a good grinding black pepper
1. Spread the tortilla with a thick layer of Philadelphia and top with basil leaves.2. Next add both types of tomatoes evenly across the tortilla.3. Grind some pepper over the toppings and finish off with three slices of Leerdammer, like a blanket on top.4. Roll firmly from one side to the other and slice into pinwheels. Serve face up.5. Enjoy!
Yield: makes one plate of pinwheel sandwiches
My sandwiches so far:
- The Leerdammer BLT (beet, lettuce and tomato)
- Falafel and Red Pepper Stack
- Bean, Spinach and Red Pepper Quesadillas
I hope I've inspired you to try something new for lunch this week.
Tune in each day for more lunchtime inspiration.
For more Leerdammer inspiration check out this video and follow the conversation with #BetterWithLeerdammer
Disclosure: Leerdammer are paying me to develop recipes for them. I was not required to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.