I posted Meat Free Mondays this morning, so that's dinner covered. Now it's time to think about lunch for tomorrow and the rest of the week.
Leerdammer challenged me to come up with some tasty sandwich recipes to make lunchtime fun, I couldn't resist and said yes. It can be so easy to get into a lunch time rut.
LEERDAMMER cheese combines the mild flavour of Gouda with the large holes of Emmental. It's named after the town near the dairy called Leerdam. It comes in sandwich size slices, has a mild nutty flavour and it suitable for vegetarians.
The Leerdammer BLT
A fresh sandwich of Leerdammer, beet, lettuce and tomato, with spicy chutney on tiger bread.
- 2 slices tiger bread (or bloomer bread)
- 2 tbsp tomato and chilli chutney
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 large leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices Leerdammer cheese
- 1 ripe tomato
- 4 pickled baby beets, halved
- a good grinding of black pepper
1. Spread the bottom slice of bread with chutney and the top with mayonnaise.2. Slice the lettuce and pop on top of the chutney, then add the slices of cheese. 3. Slice the tomatoes and add them to the sandwich.4. Add the beet and a good grind of black pepper, then top with the second slice of bread. Cut in half and tuck in.5. Enjoy!
Yield: Makes 1 sandwich
If you want more Leerdammer inspiration check out this video and follow the conversation with #BetterWithLeerdammer
Disclosure: Leerdammer are paying me to develop recipes for them. I was not required to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.