This isn't one for my vegan readers. I've not mastered a dairy-free cheesecake yet, but one of these days ........
This deep and luxurious no-bake cheesecake was made for my baking club. We meet every 4-6 weeks for chat, cake and a quiz. This time my good friend Stuart (you may know him as Cakeyboi) was in charge and the theme was celebration. It had to be something pretty special so I decided to make this deep no-bake cheesecake.
The base of the cheesecake is crushed digestive biscuits (Graham crackers) mixed with melted butter and pressed into a deep loose-bottom cake tin, then popped in the fridge to chill. Next I made the cheesecake filling with cream cheese and whipped double cream flavoured with vanilla seeds. I topped the cheesecake with caramel and melted chocolate and finished it with Rolos. It's a very easy dessert to make but the final result and flavour is sensational.
My photo was a quick snap on my phone, so not to my usual standard, but hopefully it is good enough to encourage you to make this awesome dessert.
The Ultimate Rolo Cheesecake
A deep no-bake Rolo cheesecake topped with caramel, melted dark chocolate and Rolos. It's easy to make, but a really stunning cake for a party or celebration, but easy enough to make and serve after Sunday lunch or dinner.
- 100g butter
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 600ml double (heavy) cream
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- 1-2 vanilla pods split open, seeds scraped out (or vanilla extract or paste)
- 560g Philadelphia soft cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 126g Rolos, halved or quartered
- 150g Carnation caramel (or similar)
- 100g dark chocolate
- a few Rolos to decorate
1. Line a deep cake pan with greaseproof paper or use baking spray. 2.Melt the butter. 3. Crush the digestive biscuits until they are a fine crumb (I do this with the end of a rolling pin, but you can use a food processor) then stir in the butter and press the mixture into the cake tin and pop in the fridge. 4. Whisk the double cream with the sugar and vanilla seeds until thick. Do not over whisk or you will end up with butter. 5. Beat the Philadelphia until soft, then whip into the double cream with the lemon juice.6. Fold in the chopped Rolos, then pour into the cake tin, smooth the top put it back in the fridge for a few hours. 7. Give the caramel a good stir until smooth and melt the chocolate in a bain marie (a bowl over simmering water). Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water or the chocolate will seize. 8. Remove the cheesecake from the fridge, use a warm knife (run until hot tap water) to loosen it around the edges. Carefully remove from the tin and top with the caramel, melted chocolate and Rolos. 9. Enjoy!
DetailsTotal time: (not including chill time)
Yield: serves 8-10
Here are a few more of my cheesecake recipes for you to try.