I made this salad for lunch on Wednesday.
I am good to myself sometimes.
You see I had to treat myself because Wednesday was housework and catching up online day. By lunchtime I really needed a treat!
It was so good, but so simple. Bow pasta, rocket, peas, spring onion, sweetcorn and mozzarella in a mouth watering honey mustard dressing. It was perfect for using up that half ball of mozzarella and some leftover sweetcorn in the fridge.
There was no one around to marvel at my wondrous salad, so I'm sharing it with you my vicarious readers. I hope you enjoy it.
Are you craving salads now Spring is here or are you like me swinging between salads because Spring is here and soups and stews because it is still blooming chilly at times? I have the heating on right now. My fingers were going a bit numb while I was typing, so I had to give in and turn it on.
UPDATE: It warmed up since I started writing this morning. We had a glorious sunny Easter Sunday in St Andrews. Here are a few photos of our day.
Now back to the salad.........
Rocket and Mozzarella Pasta Salad
A fresh Spring salad with a honey mustard dressing.
- a good handful rocket leaves
- 50g farfalle (bow) pasta
- 25g frozen peas
- 25g sweetcorn (frozen or fresh)
- 50 - 75g fresh mozzarella (half a ball)
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp honey
- a good grinding of black pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Pour in the frozen peas and frozen sweetcorn, if using, a minute before the end of cooking time. Rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process. This stops it going claggy.2. Place the rocket in a bowl and top with spring onions.3. Pour in the pasta,peas and sweetcorn, then tear the mozzarella into chunks and add.4 Whisk up the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.5.Enjoy!
Yield: Serves 1
I am linking my salad up to a few challenges:
1. No Croutons Required
2. Extra Veg - Hosted by Helen from Fuss Free Flavours & Michelle from Utterly Scrummy Food
3. Four Seasons Food (Spring) - Hosted by Delicieux and Eat Your Veg
4. Pasta Please (Olive Oil) - Hosted this month by Slice of Me
5. No Waste Food Challenge - Hosted by Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary and Jibber Jabber UK