I first made this soup years ago, but had forgotten all about it.
It is lovely and truly slurpsome, if you will allow me to invent a word. It is a full-flavoured soup, made somewhat creamy by the melted brie and whizzed up beans.
Courgette, Brie & Cumin Soup
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
3 tsp ground cumin
3 large courgettes, grated
3 pints vegetable stock
1 can cannelini beans
freshly ground black pepper
- Saute the garlic and onions in the olive oil until the onions are translucent. Sprinkle on the cumin ad mix well.
- Add the grated courgette and cook on a gentle heat for 10 minutes. The miture should be quite moist and not stick, but if you find it does you can always add a glug of water.
- Cover the courgettes with the vegetable stock and add the brie. Stir for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt. Add the cannelini beans and whizz the soup until almost smooth, then season with pepper.
- Leave the soup to cook gently for another 15 minutes, to give the flavour time to develop.
- Serve with crusty bread and a smile or a smug expression, you may choose.