Ready for a treat?
Cauliflower roasted with smoked paprika and flax seeds served with a hot and gooey four cheese dip.
It's a bit like cauliflower cheese, but this one is great as a starter or snack. Was it good? Oh yes! It's such a pity Graham is vegan, he would have loved this before he went dairy free and it's a great sharing dish. I'll have to see if I can make him an equally good vegan dip. He did enjoy the spiced cauliflower on it's own.
I didn't go fancy on the cheese either, I just had a look in the fridge. Some leftover brie, half a ball of mozzarella, some Philadelphia cheese and cheddar. You could really use any cheese you have in your fridge, although the Philadelphia makes it creamy and the mozzarella gives it that gooey stretch.
Go on! You know you want to.
Paprika Spiced Cauliflower with Four Cheese Dip
Spiced cauliflower with a super easy four cheese dip that's great for using up bits of leftover cheese.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp flax seeds (linseeds)
- a good grinding of black pepper
- 60g brie, cut off the rind
- 30g cheddar, grated
- ½ ball mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 2 tbsp Philadelphia Soft Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 f/200 c/180 c fan/gas 6.2. Rinse the cauliflower and break into florets.3. Toss the florets with the oil, paprika, flax seeds and black pepper, then pop in a roasting pan and cook for 15 minutes until tender and browning at the edges. Leave it a little longer if you like.4. Mash all the cheese together in a small bowl and season with black pepper.5. Place the cheese in a small ovenproof dish and bake alongside the cauliflower6. Serve the cauliflower on a plate forks for two and the hot gooey dip7. Enjoy!
Yield: Serves 2
Here are a few more cauliflower recipes for you to enjoy:
Vegan Shepherdess Pie with a Creamy Cauliflower Mash - Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary
Hidden Cauliflower Cheese Pasta Sauce - Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary
Red Rice and Italianesque Vegetable Salad - Fuss Free Flavours
Cauliflower Cake - Smarter Fitter
Cauliflower Cheese Soup with Broccoli - Tinned Tomatoes
Raw Cauliflower Couscous - Simplify your Health
10 Wonderful Ways with Cauliflower - Readers Digest
Mexican Spiced Cauliflower in an Almond-Sesame Crust - Deena Kakaya
10 Minute Cauliflower Rice - The Crafty Larder
Balsamic and Garlic Roasted Cauliflower - Hungry Happy Healthy