My last sandwich is a burger that's not a burger.
I've had a fun week coming up with new recipes for sandwiches using Leerdammer cheese. I've made a new take on a BLT, a falafel stack on a crusty baguette, deep filled quesadillas and summery pinwheel sandwiches. For my last sandwich I decided to make a mushroom burger.
A big juicy roasted mushroom, on top of crispy golden halloumi cheese, topped with roasted red pepper and finished with a slice of melted Leerdammer.
A fabulous end to the week.
Mushroom & Halloumi Burger Melt with Leerdammer
A juicy roasted mushroom on top of golden halloumi cheese, topped with red pepper and melted Leerdammer cheese.
- 1 poppy seed bun
- 2 tbsp tomato & red pepper relish
- 3 thick slices halloumi cheese
- 1 large portabello mushroom
- 1 roasted red pepper (I used Cooks & Co)
- 2 slices Leerdammer
- 2 tbsp pesto
1. Slice the bin in half and set aside. 2. Roast the mushroom on a baking tray in a hot oven for 10-15 minutes until succulent.3. While the mushroom is cooking, dry fry the halloumi in a frying pan until golden on both sides.4. Spread the bottom of the bun with relish and top with halloumi.5. Next add the burger and red pepper, then top with Leerdammer cheese slices. Place under a hot grill until the cheese is bubbly and melted.6. Spread the top half of the bun with pesto and top the burger with it.7. Enjoy!
Yield: Makes 1 burger
I'm not the only one who's been creating tasty lunch recipes using Leerdammer, check out these delicious recipes:
- The Ultimate Breakfast Grilled Cheese - Hungry Healthy Happy
- Mediterranean Sandwich - Hungry Healthy Happy
- Crunchy Pesto Ciabatta - Hungry Healthy Happy
- Walnut & Rocket Baguette - Utterly Scrummy Food for Families
- Hot and Cheesey Veggie Mince Tortilla Pocket - A Mummy too
- Swiss Cheese and Chutney Breads - A Mummy Too
- Balsamic Roasted Strawberry, Quorn and Swiss Cheese Baguette - A Mummy Too
- Double Stacked Chilli Sweetcorn Burger - A Mummy Too
- Scandanavian Rye Smorgasbord - The Veg Space
- New York Cheese and Avocado Bagel - The Veg Space
- Une Petite Baguette - The Veg Space
- Melting Mini Mexican Quesadillas - The Veg Space
- Cheese and Pear Ploughmans - The Veg Space
- The Leerdammer BLT (beet, lettuce & tomato) - Tinned Tomatoes
- Falafel and Roasted Red Pepper Stack - Tinned Tomatoes
- Bean Spinach and Red Pepper Quesadillas - Tinned Tomatoes
- Caprese Pinwheel Sandwiches - Tinned Tomatoes
I hope I've inspired you to try something new for lunch this week.
Tomorrow I'll be bringing you my ultimate sandwich post, so watch out for that.
For more Leerdammer inspiration check out this video and follow the conversation with #BetterWithLeerdammer
Disclosure: Leerdammer are paying me to develop recipes for them. I was not required to write a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.