It's one of our family favourites. We had some last night actually. My mother-in-law Jean made some individual pizzas with mini rolls. She sauteed off onions and mushrooms before adding them to the pizzas. They were soooooooo good. We had them with some giant potato wedges and sweetcorn. A simple but rather fabulous meal. Cooper was delighted and ate three.
We also make pizzas with naan bread, flour tortillas or puff pastry.
This time I made some pizza dip. It is hot, oozy and tastes like pizza. Luxurious!
Dunk breadsticks, vegetable sticks or nachos. Look at it stretch. Demonstrated by my able assistant Cooper.
It's simple to make too, only a handful of ingredients. Cream cheese (Philadelphia), mozzarella, veggie style parmesan and tomato sauce are the main ingredients. I used my quick blender pizza sauce, which is super tasty, but you could use jarred tomato sauce. I topped it with slices of cherry tomato, but that is optional.
Go on make a note of this and make it for movie night, you won't be disappointed and it will go down a storm with your friends and family.
Easy Pizza Dip
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 100g Philadelphia soft cheese
- 50g mozzarella, grated
- 20g veggie style parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 100ml pizza sauce (or shop bought tomato sauce)
- a good grinding of black pepper
1. Preaheat your oven to 200c/180c fan/400f/gas mark 6.2. Rub an ovenproof dish with the cut garlic.3. Mix together a third of the mozzarella (roughly), the onion powder, parmesan, cream cheese & black pepper. Spread this mixture evenly in your dish.4. Spoon the pizza sauce over the cream cheese mixture, then top with mozzarella and any toppings you wish to add. I added a few slices of cherry tomato. Fresh basil would be nice either in the tomato sauce or on top.5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese has melted and is starting to brown at the edges.6. Serve with crudites.7. Enjoy!
Yield: Makes 1 large bowl of dip
|photo: Ren Behan|
- Puff Pizza Pie with Pesto - Tinned Tomatoes
- Pizza Muffins with Black Olives - Maison Cupcake
- Magherita Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich - Cook Sister
- Pizza Nachos - Franglais Kitchen
- Easy Cheesy Margarita Pizza Hummus - Fuss Free Flavours
- Rainy Day Pizza Pasta Soup - Ren Behan
For more pizza inspiration follow my Pizza Board on Pinterest.