I made this shake with almond milk, but you could make it with your favourite milk, either dairy or dairy free, it's your choice. You could even add a scoop of ice cream for a spot of luxury.
It's so quick to whip up a shake and there are so many flavour options. Here are a few ideas:
- apple pie shake - apples, apple juice, milk, cinnamon, ginger, chia seeds and ice
- chocolate orange shake - orange juice, orange peel, milk, cacao powder (or cocoa), baobab powder and ice
- peach melba shake - peaches, raspberries, milk, vanilla extract, flax seeds and ice
- strawberry shortcake shake - strawberries, a finger of shortbread, milk, vanilla extract, sesame seeds and ice
- note: if you don't have a power blender like mine, skip the ice. It will just burn out your blender's motor.
3 of our favourite shakes
Oreo Chia Shake
A creamy dairy free shake with the flavour of Oreo cookies, chocolate and milk. With extra goodness from seeds and cacao.
- almond milk 500ml
- 6 Oreo cookies, plus extra for decoration (optional)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp baobab powder
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- a few ice cubes (optional)
1. Add all the ingredients to a blender and whizz until smooth. If you don't have a power blender, skip the ice.2. Pour into glasses or jam jars, top with an Oreo and serve with a thick straw.3. Enjoy!
Yield: Makes 2 shakes
Disclosure: You can find out about my blender and why I work for Froothie on my Juicers and Blenders page. They do not ask me for a positive review and any opinions expressed are my own.